2009-05-25

Street Art

"People say graffiti is ugly, irresponsible and childish... but that's only if it's done properly." - Banksy.

You may have seen this image; it's one of my favorites, and today I was compelled to try to find its artist. You can read up on this artist, Banksy, on Wikipedia. Banksy is a street artist who operates in the Bristol, England area. The images are graffiti and are really quite beautiful. You can see more of this art at banksy.co.uk, and my favorites are posted below.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kevin said...

bansky is awesome.
my favorite graffiti artist (favorite all around artist) would have to be jean michel basquiat, i really like his life works.

Shells said...

Ah! Bansky is like my favorite...my friend Jamie introduced me to him a while ago and I fell in love. He's awesome.